Hipster rules

Sunday, October 6, 2013

hipster movies.

       As a hipster, I strongly encourage all hipsters to watch movies made for fans by progressive  musicians. They have been some of the most strange and disturbing moments of my life. My frirst time watching pink Floyd's, "the Wall" I was in the seventh grade. I was watching a wall concert while doing my homework and noticed that their were many video clips during the film. I decided to do some further research and found the movie on youtube. There was many a shocking and scarring image in that movie, particularly in another brick in the wall part 2, one of my turns, comfortably numb and the trial. The movie s a whole made very little sense and kept me awake in my bed long after the lights turned out. I loved it and have never been able to listen to the album the same.                    
But the weirdest prog rock movies are from the late great frank Zappa and they are so off-putting that they make the wall look like a film you would take your children too. They are still enjoyable. Many feature guitar virtuoso, Steve Vai. A little tangent here, this Is why vai is awesome.
Hipsters also watch indie movies such as the perks of being a wall flower and another earth. Lately I've been into scott pilgrim vs the world. If you know any goo hipster movies, place them in the comments, if you are feeling especially ambitious, start a comment war for my entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment